After ten years of development and research, Alan Coxon has created a totally new product for the global markets. The unique ale brew used to produce Ale-gar©® has been recreated using an original 15th century mediaeval English ale recipe.
In mediaeval England, wine was limited to royalty and nobility, while ale was widely consumed by all ages of the general population at every meal including breakfast. (Queen Elizabeth I apparently drank two pints of ale every morning!) What wasn’t imbibed turned sour naturally, leaving a good supply of Ale-gar©® (gar being a narrative of the French word ‘aigre’ meaning sour) to use as a condiment and preservative, as well as for medicinal purposes.
For his Ale-gar©®, Alan Coxon has used a traditional mediaeval ale recipe, but has incorporated chocolate stout malt to tantalise today’s more sophisticated and adventurous palate. The Ale-gar©® is then fermented over oak to bring out the full flavour and smoothness, and stored to mature and round-off the flavour and to balance.
The Ale-gar©®, with its deep dark colour and hints of chocolate, cinnamon and roasted malt, has a unique flavour. The ingredients are specifically sourced for quality and are natural, with no additives, colorants or undesirables whatsoever. Ale-gar©® is the ultimate healthy seasoning and dressing all rolled into one!
As well as being an Ale-ternative to balsamic vinegar, it is also a perfect Ale-ternative to Worcestershire sauce, or a healthier Ale-ternative to soy sauce!
- as a general, extremely versatile seasoning
- to enhance flavour, not to mask or hide
- as a salad dressing
- as a marinade for fish and meat
- as a dip for tempura batter
- as a dip for bread with a little olive oil.
For reducing and drizzling:
- add a tablespoon to a bolognaise sauce
- add a tablespoon to a beef casserole
- add a splash over beans on toast
- drizzle a little onto cheese on toast
- drizzle over oysters
- drizzle over a tomato and mozzarella salad.
- sauces and table condiments, including tomato sauce
- venison/game stews.
The list is endless, but don’t forget less is best; you can increase to taste and let the Ale-gar©® do the rest!
May help with:
- lowering high blood pressure if used as a seasoning instead of salt
- weight loss if on a calorie-controlled diet.